1. A festive party, often with dancing.
2. An platform for drama members to demonstrate their talents and put on a show of their own making. Composed of several 10-15 minute performances. Almost certainly without any dancing.
We might need to work on the name but the date for this terms multi-piece event have been decided.
and it is : 8th of May 2010.
For those of you not familiar here is how it works.
1. You find a group of no drama members to collaborate with or go solo if you so choose.
2. Decide what you want to do. It can be tragedy,comedy,horror,romance or whatever just as long as it is drama (no variety acts please!) , you can write a piece, you can direct, you can act, it doesn’t even have to be complete. If you think you have one great scene put it together and show everyone.
3. Put together a proposal and send it to us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. If the piece is suitable we’ll assign you a mentor to help put things together and you can start work!
If you do not have an idea ready but would still like to participate let us know. We can provide scripts if you would like something pre-prepared (or have a look for ten minute scripts on the net, there are many public domain works out there). We will also help people find a group to work with.
Tickets: Ticket sales will not be directly available to the public (subject to change, depending on venue size) , each performing group will get an allocation of tickets to sell as they please. Ticket prices TBD.
Eligibility: Unfortunately those who are rehearsing for June’s production are not allowed participate (Directors orders!). Finally only no drama members (people who have paid their fees ) can participate
Get your thinking caps on and lets put on a show people.