It’s that special time of year again folks, where we let you make the show.
The Shindig is back and perfectly timed to give you that lift before Christmas. We will be performing once again in the impressive confines of the Pearse Centre on December 14th.
For those of you unfamiliar with the shindig, it’s our bi-annual showcase night. A night of several short plays chosen, directed, acted, and many written by all you lovely, lovely people. We provide the venue and you do the rest! It’s a great chance to try something new or different, or take on a different role, so now’s the time to start thinking about what you might like to do.
The deadline for submissions for The Shindig will be Friday 14th November. If you have any questions about the shindig or if you are interested in putting on a scene at the Shindig, email Cathal at shindignodrama at gmail.com.
Here are the dates for your diary:
Registration Opens: Monday 3rd November
Registration Closes: Friday 14th November
To register, the director of the piece must email email@example.com with the following:
- Name of Piece
- Writer’s name
- Number of performers
- Director’s contact details
- Length of piece
- Draft script of the piece
Due to the demand for spots in the Shindig, the above detail must be included in order to be considered. Depending upon demand for the places in the shindig not all pieces may be accepted.
Once you are registered and confirmed the following dates are of note:
Rehearsal Review: Sunday 7th Decemeber
Showtime!: Sunday 14th December at 6:30pm
Support will be provided throughout the rehearsal process where required.
Now the T&C’s!
- All performers and directors must be paid-up active No Drama Theatre members in November & December
- Participants are permitted to act or direct or both, but cannot be involved in more than 2 pieces. Writing does not impact this requirement, therefore you can write as many pieces as you want!
- The director is the main point of contact and is expected to liaise and coordinate with his team and committee as required.
- The maximum permitted length of a Shindig piece is strictly 15 minutes or less.
If your troupe’s piece is a copyright work, it is the director’s responsibility to secure performing rights. Performance rights can be secured via the Drama League of Ireland for most works. www.dli.ie
- Each piece is responsible for their own costumes, props and sets. All pieces are advised to keep their set, lighting and sound requirements to a minimum to facilitate a speedy change between performances.
- Failure to adhere to any of the deadlines set out above or any instructions set out by the committee will result in your piece being removed from the show list.
- All pieces and casts must be available on the date for the Rehearsal Review.
- The selection process will be curated. We expect to have an average of 8 performances depending on timings.
- If you are interested in performing or directing but unsure how to get involved, please let yourself be known at a workshop or post a message on our facebook page for other members to see!
- The committee will support you along the way; don’t be afraid to ask for help or advice!
- The Shindig is not a talent show, performance pieces only please!